It’s Friday afternoon so let’s mix things up and talk about “pop culture”. After a week of hard-nosed investigative research, I’m finally ready to unveil the top 10 women you should know from Argentina. It was a long and tireless process but with the help of some Argentine friends (and google images) I’ve put together a well thought out list that highlights the best Argentina has to offer.
Sure Colombia and Brazil are home to many famous hotties, but I wanted to uncover the Argentine women who grace the pages of Latin American magazines and newspaper stands that you’ve never heard of!
If you are planning a trip to Latin America, especially Argentina, these are the names (and faces) you should know. Remember, you can never truly become a townie if you don’t know who people are talking about. Pop culture is as important to understanding a culture as anything (and a lot of fun to write about)!
*This list is ranked based on popularity as well as my completely biased opinion. Enjoy.
The Top 10 Sexiest Women of Argentina:
10. Evangelina Anderson – Evangelina is an Argentinian TV actress and nude model. She is most well known for being the wife of Martin Demichelis, Argentina National Soccer stud and center back for Bayern Munich. I’ll tell you what, It wasn’t easy finding pictures of her suitable for this post.
9. Pamela David - Born in Cordoba, Argentina, Pamela David is an Argentinian actress and model. She is a television star & model who found fame in the reality TV show El BarTV 2 and is currently the hostess in a Canal 2 TV program called Fuera de Foco. I would have loved to rank her higher but, while she’s very popular in Argentina, she isn’t very well known to many people outside the country.
8. Araceli Gonzalez – The Buenos Aires native was discovered at age 15 and taken to a fashion show in Mar del Plata, Argentina. She found fame as an Argentinian fashion model, actress and TV host. She has been an advertising model for brands like Sprite, Adidas and Christian Dior and currently plays Gabriela Solid in Amas de Casa Desesperadas.
7. Luisana Lopilato - Luisana Loreley Lopilato de la Torre (deep breath)… is the triple threat with a really long name. This Argentine acres, singer and model is best known for her roles in the television series Chiquititas, Rebelde Way and Casados con Hijos (Married with Children), and as former member of musical group Erreway. Her futbol team is River Plate and her boyfriend is Michael Buble!
6. Valeria Mazza - While the USA has women like Cindy Crawford and Claudia Shiffer (who I think she resembles), Argentina has Valerie Mazza. One of the founding Argentine “super-models” and perhaps the most famous models in the country. She was born in Rosario and rose to fame in 1996 when she appeared on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover with Tyra Banks. Mazza has also appeared on the covers of Glamour, ELLE and Vogue. More and more proof about the saying that the best looking women in Argentina are from Cordoba and Rosario.
5. Liz Solari – I’m cheating a little bit with this one because she was actually born in Colombia. Liz is a actress, singer and model whose father, Eduardo Solari was the manager of the Atlético Junior football club in Colombia. However, Liz Solari gets the nod at number 5 because she emigrated to Argentina when she was 3 years old. She grew up in the city of Rosario, Santa Fe province, where she still lives today. She is the sister of three famous football players; Santiago, Esteban and David Solari. Throughout 2008, she starred on the comedic theatre play Barbie Live, which was a complete success in Argentina, Uruguay, Peru and Brazil. From March 2009 onwards, she has been starring on the local TV series Champs 12.
4. Dolores Barreiro - Dolores is a very well known model from Buenos Aires with legs for days.
3. Zaira Nara - Zaira is an Argentinian Model who’s currently dating a Uruguayan World Cup superstar, Diego Forlan. However, in Argentina, she is perhaps most well known for her sister’s futbol take downs rather then her own. Zaira’s Sister, Wanda Nara, considered la primer “Botinera” has a pretty famous sex tape in circulation and is the ex to Mr. Argentina himself, Diego Maradona.
2. Nicole Neumann - Nicole Unter Ruberbacher Neumann was born and raised in Buenos Aires and has followed in the footsteps of Valeria Mazza to become one of the top Argentine models in the world fashion scene. Her sister Geraldine Neumann is not to shabby either.
1. Pampita - First of all, If you’re reading this… I love you. Ana Carolina Ardohain Dos Santos aka “Pampita” was born in General Acha, La Pampa, a provence of Argentina in 1978. She’s a model and TV personality in Argentina and has done modeling campaigns for Victoria Secret, Honda and Coca-Cola. Pampita aso has hosted her own TV variety shows, “El Rayo” and “El Sitio”, which were ratings winners. During the FIFA World Cup South Korea-Japan 2002 campaign, Pampita was voted to be the national football (soccer) team’s representative, or “Godmother” as many called the honorary post. She entered as actress in the Argentinian TV series “Rebelde Way” (2003) and “Doble Vida” (2005). In February 2004 she was jury and Queen of the International Music Festival of Vina del Mar, in Chile, and became a personality very popular in Latin America and the United States.
Pampita has generated some jealous comments from other Argentine models. Gossip columns frequently cited how models Nicole Neumann and Julieta Prandi called Pampita a “mucamita” (servant girl or maid) and “muqui” (short for mucamita), essentially labeling her as coming from short peasant stock and not worthy of the high-class world of fashion modeling. Well Pampita, you’re number 1 in my book so you know have a good comeback for anybody who talks smack!
11. Sabrina Rojas
12. Florencia Gomez Cordoba
13. Sofia Zamolo
14 Luciana Salazar
14. Lola Ponce
15. Yamila Diaz
16. Rocio Guirao Diaz
17. Belen Francese
18. Jessica Cirio
19. Victoria Vanucci
20. Alejandra Maglietti
21. Florencia Fabiano
22. Paula Colombini
23 Daniela Urzi
25. Silvina Escudero