Welcome to the 2nd edition of T2T’s world hottest people list! I know some of you might be thinking, “What does this have to do with travel and becoming a townie?” Well, my response to that is, everything! Pop culture is popular culture, one of the most discussed topics in the world. If you’re not up-to-date with local music, entertainment or smoking hot models what are you going to talk about at the beauty salon? The weather? Boring tourist!
I spent the weekend scouring the Internet and asking Colombian friends who their favorite Colombian beauties were in an effort to organize a master list of the “hottest Colombian women”. As you will notice, I left out 2 very significant Colombian sex symbols, Shakira and Sofia Vergara. The reason for this is I wanted to introduce you to people that you’ve never heard of. Sofia, if you’re reading this, I hope you understand and I love you ; ).
Without further ado, here’s my completely biased list of the hottest women of Colombia, enjoy!
T2T’s Top 10 Hottest Colombian Women:
10. Catalina Otalvaro – Eat your heart out Brazil. Colombian model, Catalina Otalvaro is getting lots of attention lately because of her stunning resemblance to Brazilian Victoria Secret Model Adriana Lima, but the way she rocks those thongs makes me put her in a category all her own. Long live bikinis in South America.
9. Danna Garcia – Colombian actress and singer, Danna Maria García Osuna was born in Bogota in ’78 and has been tearing up Latin charts and telenovelas (soup operas) ever since. Danna started singing at age 4 under the watchful eye of her mother, Colombian singer Claudia Osuna. In 1994, Danna and her sister formed the band “Café Moreno” and recorded the triple-platinum album “Momposina.” That same year, Danna appeared in her first major role in the Colombian telenovela “Café con aroma de mujer.” In 1996, she became the first Colombian actress to star in a Mexican telenovela and she’s best known for her leading roles in Pasión de Gavilanes and La Revancha. Her success (and overall hotness) has also awarded her spokeswomen status for Maybelline cosmetics and Garnier Nutrisse hair products. Danna was also named one of the 50 most beautiful people according to People en Español‘s “Los 50 más Bellos” list. How that measures up with this “T2T’s Top 10 Hottest Colombian” award/list… I’m not sure.
8. Taliana Vargas – I would have stayed in Santa Marta a lot longer if I knew they produced women like this. Taliana María Vargas Carrillo was born in Santa Marta in ’87 and was Miss Colombia 2007 and Miss Universe first runner-up 2008. That Dayana Mendoza must have put on one hell of a show to beat out this beauty. With looks alone I’d be happy, but Vargas brings so much more to the hotness table. She speaks fluent Spanish, English, and Italian, as well as some Greek and Arabic and is currently studying Journalism at the Northern Virginia CC in Alexandria, Virginia… road trip!
7. Zulay Henao – Created in the hot woman factory of Medellin, Colombia, Actress Zulay Henao emigrated to New Jersey after high school and served 3 years with the U.S. Army. Henao has been on a number of featured films and TV including films like Takers and Fighting and episodes of Army Wives and Law & Order. Despite her own sexiness, she’ll probably be most well known for her link to Terrence Howard.
6. Manuela Arbeláez – The price is definitely RIGHT Bob! This Smokin’ Paisa (person from Medellin, Colombia) is a soap opera actress and video vixen, who is best known for her modeling gig on the TV game show “The Price Is Right”. Arbeláez moved to New York from Medellin in 2006 where she became one of the finalists in The Price Is Right Model Search contest. Although Arbeláez did not win the contest, she impressed the producers of The Price Is Right and was hired as a model for the show. In 2010, Arbeláez appeared in the music video for Robin Thicke’s song “It’s in the Mornin’.” And was the lead girl in the music video “Loving You No More” by Diddy-Dirty Money featuring Drake.
5. (tie) Paula Garcés – Colombian-American actress who stared in “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle”, “CSI: Miami,” “The Sopranos,” and “Oz.” Garcés was born in Medellín, Colombia. Her father was a fisherman and her mother a schoolteacher. She moved to the United States at a young age and grew up in Harlem, New York.
5. (tie) Karen Bray – I just couldn’t choose between Paula and Karen so they’re tied for fifth. Karen Margarita Bray rose to fame as a top competitor in the Miss Colombia pageant. She was also a member of the Colombian Junior Olympic gymnastics team. I don’t know, it’s Paula’s Harlem street cred vs Karen’s flexibility. Who would you choose?
4. Karen Carreno – Columbian-American swimsuit model Karen Carreno was born in Bucaramanga, Colombia and was raised to be a financial engineer. Looking in a mirror at age 15 she realized how hot she was and moved to Mexico to pursue modeling. In Mexico she worked for major Modeling agencies for four years, and was hired to do magazine covers, runway shows, advertising campaigns, television commercials and music videos, one of them for Juanes, arguably the biggest Colombian Pop Star. Karen can be seen in his video “A Dios le pido”, a major international hit, among many others. From Mexico she moved to New York City where she landed a 3-year worldwide campaign with Guess. Karen has now settled down in Miami where she continues to be hot closer to Colombia!
3. Carla Ossa – Carla is the kind of girl I want to take home to mom one day. The only Colombian model in Miami’s Elite Model Agency, Six-foot tall Carla Ossa has graced the covers of such magazines as Self, Vanidades, (the Spanish version of Vanity Fair), Ocala, and many others. Carla Ossa has appeared in TV commercials for Burger King and Nair, and was recently cast in the new “Miami Vice” movie but had to turn down the role due to having signed a major contract with Avon. She’s one tall glass of water and I’m thirsty!
2. Camila and Mariana Davalos – And… TWINS!!! These two Colombian models were actually born in the United States (thank you Kentucky) and have lived in Medellin, Colombia for most of their lives. Both are starting their modeling careers and are hostesses of a TV show in Colombia called “Rumbas de la Ciudad” (City Parties) If one set of twins isn’t great enough, check out Elizabeth and Marcela Montoya. My brain is literally going to explode if I see one more set of bombshell model twins. Big thank you shout out to the parents of the Davalos twins and the Montoya twins. Viva Colombia!
1. Jessica Cediel – I watch Jessica almost everyday while I’m in Colombia. Her show “Muy Buenos Días”on Canal RCN is like the Colombian Regis and Kelly. Cediel struts around in sexy outfits as she co-hosts the show with Jota Mario Valencia and another absolute goddess, Laura Acuña. If you’re in Colombia you should definitely tune in. You can tell everyone you’re “practicing your Spanish” like I do. More Jessica Cediel Photos
11. Catalina Sandino Moreno – Actress; Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in “Maria Full of Grace.”
12. Ana Sofia Henao – Bikini model Ana Sofia Henao, also know as Angel, was born in Medellin, Antioquia. Henao is best known for her appearance in Crystal Gold commercials; a popular Colombian beer.
13. Angie Sanclemente Valencia – Wild story with this knock out… Angie Sanclemente Valencia also known as Angie Sanselmente Valencia is a former Colombian beauty queen and lingerie model believed to be the ringleader of one of the world’s largest drug syndicates. Read all about it.
14. Paola Andrea Rey – Wicked hot Telenovela actress and model from Bucaramanga, Santandar, Colombia.
15. Adrina Bottina – Colombian singer and actress born in Palmira, Valle del Cauca Colombia.
16. Fanny Lu – Fanny Lucía Martínez Buenaventura, known professionally as Fanny Lú, is a singer-songwriter and actress from Santiago de Cali, Colombia.
17. Angie Cepeda – Angélica María Cepeda Jiménez was born in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, and raised in Barranquilla. She most well known for her roles in featured films, telenovelas and her long-term relationship with Argentine singer, Diego Torres.
18. Nawal Ayoub – Model, TV Hostess, Miss Colombia beauty pageant contestant.
19. Lucia Tovar – This hot model/porn star was born in Cali, Colombia and grew up in Cúcuta, a town in eastern Colombia near the Venezuelan border. (Olga) Lucia Tovar went from working as a messenger and courier for her uncle’s shoe factory in Colombia to a Hooters and Hawaiian Tropic model in Arizona. The American Dream!
20. Jery Sandoval – Barranquilla born babe, Jery Sandoval, is a true Colombian triple threat. This actress, model and singer is best known in Colombia for her role of María Reyes in Los Reyes, a Colombian version of an Argentinian telenovela called Los Roldán. At present, she appears on a Televisa Mexican series called Código Postalas Regina Corona.
Other hot Colombian women I researched during this grueling process:
Colombian Beauty Queens: Valerie Dominguez, Catherine Manchola, María Cristina Díaz-Granados, Jeymmy Vargas, Elizabeth Loaiza, Vanessa Mendoza, Carolina Guerra, Carolina Cruz.
Colombian Actresses: Paola Turbay, Catalina Denis, Carolina Gaitan, Sara Corrales, Natalia Villaveces, Amada Rosa, Amparo Grisales, Aura Cristina Geithner.
Colombian TV Hostesses: Sonia Uribe, Andrea Serna, Adriana Arboleda.
Colombian Singers: Carla Giraldo, Veronica Orozco, María Fernanda Yépez.
Colombian Porn Stars: Lupe Fuentes, Selena Spice, Esperanza Gomez, Lisa Daniels.
- Check out the “Top 10 Sexiest Women of Argentina”
- Don’t worry ladies, I’ll ask around to see if someone wants to guest post for “Top 1o Hottest Colombian Men.” Just like I did for “Top 10 Sexiest Men of Argentina”
- Thank you Google images and Wikipedia for all the photos and information.
Can’t get enough? I don’t blame you. Check out other “Hottest Colombian Women” Lists:
BroBible.com – “The 50 Hottest Colombian Women”
Bukisa.com – “The Hottest Colombian Women”
Complex.com – “Worldwide Wednesday: The 12 Hottest Colombian Women”