By popular demand, I decided to expand on my previous list and give the ladies a little eye candy as well. For this I turned to a few Argentine lady friends for help me create the ‘man list’. Without further ado, here are the hottest men of Argentina that you should get to know if you’re planning a trip to Latin America.
Ladies, let’s here your opinion. How would you rank the list? Who would you add/subtract?
I hope you enjoy it, because I might take some heat for this one.
The Top 10 Hottest Guys of Argentina:
10. Alejandro Lacroix - Alejandro Lacroix was a model that made his living as a travel agent until his passion for DJing scored him a spot on MTV.
As his appearances became more frequent in a select circle related to electronic music in Buenos Aires, he obtained a position on the terraces of Clubland (Saturdays @Pacha in Buenos Aires), and he was invited to join the line-ups of all the editions of the Creamfields BA festivals (the biggest musical festival in Argentina). Ale Lacroix keeps up the relationship with his audience from Metrodance 95.1 FM, the radio station that has him hosting two weekly shows and he owns a modern restaurant in Palermo, Buenos Aires. Not to mention he is a summertime staple at the beach parties in Punta del Este.
9. Ivan de Pineda – South America’s Adrien Brody? Ivan de Pineda is an Argentine international fashion model and film actor. Though identified as Argentine, Ivan was in fact born a Spaniard, to a Spanish father and an Argentine mother. He and his mother moved to Argentina after his father’s death when he was a child.
He appeared in in the 2000 series “Calientes” playing the character of Nacho, but his 2007 film “Cuando ella Salto” garnered him a Best New Actor award at the 2008 Silver Condor awards.
8. Juan Martin Hernandez - Juan Martin Hernandez is an Argentine rugby union player. A mainstay of the Argentina national team, he currently plays for the Paris club Racing Metro in the French Top 14 competition. Hernández made his test debut for Los Pumas versus Paraguay on April 2003. Since then he has earned over 30 caps for his national team.
His uncle Patricio Hernandez was part of the Argentine football squad for the 1982 FIFA World Cup. His sister Maria de la Paz “Maripi” Hernandez, won a silver medal with the Argentina hockey team at the 2000 Summer Olympics and a bronze medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics. A true family of champions!
7. Mario Guerci - Mario is a model and actor that is most well known for being the boyfriend of Isabel Macedo, Argentine soap opera star.
6. Facundo Pieres (On the right, I think) - Facundo Pieres was born May 19, 1986 in Buenos Aires and is a professional Argentine polo player with a 10 goal handicap (the best there is). He is currently ranked number 2 in the world and I’ve actually got to see him play. Impressive. He started playing in the Campeonato Argentino Abierto de Polo (Argentine Open) in 2003 and made it into the finals twice (2005 and 2007) with Ellerstina. He was promoted to handicap 10 at age 19, replacing Adolfo Cambiaso as the youngest 10-goal poloplayer.
5. Tomy Dunster - Tommy Dunster is an Argentinan actor who has played in soap operas around the world. Tomy Dunster’s native language is Spanish, but he is also fluent in English, French, Italian, and Portuguese. Before coming to the United States, his acting credits included roles in Argentina (Rebeled Way and Versus) and France (Hélène et les garçons), and he also hosted The Disney Holiday Presentation. He moved to Miami with his wife and daughter to further pursue his acting career.
4. Rodrigo Guirao Diaz - Rodrigo Guirao Díaz was born in Vicente Lopez, Argentina and is an Argentine actor. His cousin is popular Argentine fashion model Rocio Guirao Diaz (#16 on the women’s list). He began to study theatre while he was in high school. Soon, he was discovered as a model and has appeared in print ads and magazines, including one for a calendar for Cosmopolitan. Diaz’s initial reaction to modeling was not so optimistic, instead his aspiration was to be an actor. After a period of struggle, luck finally came to him when he landed his first acting job in 2005, on the TV series “The Nanny” and a year later, he landed a role in “Desperate Housewives” Latin America.
3. Matias Camisani - Matias is a model and musician. His greatest achievement was marrying the woman who has the prettiest legs in Argentina, Dolores Barreiro (#4 on the women’s list).
2. Adolfito Cambiaso - I officially have a man crush on this guy. Known as the Michael Jordan of Polo, I had a chance to watch him play in the Argentina Open and it was incredible.
Adolfo Cambiaso born was born in Cañuelas, Buenos Aires Province. He is considered the best player in the world, and one of the few players with a 10-goal handicap, which he reached at the record age of 17 in the US and 19 in Argentina. He is often referred to as Adolfito.
By the time he was 12 years old, his handicap reached 1-Goal. A yr later, with a 3-goal handicap, he won the Eduardo Heguy Cup with the La Martina team, playing with his father (also called Adolfo). in 1989, at age 14 with the San Diego team he won the Campaña del Desierto Cup and then a year later the Renault Cup Open with La Martina, reaching a 6-goal handicap.
Adolfito won 24 tournaments in Argentina, the US and England, while playing for teams like La Martina, Ellerstina/Ellerston White and other. In 1994 he won the “Triple Corona” (Argentine Open, Hurlingham Open, Tortugas Cup) with Ellerstina and was promoted to handicap 10, at that time the youngest player to reach this.
In 1995, Adolfo Cambiaso founded “La Dolfina” with Bartolomé Castagnola. The club was established in Cañuelas, Buenos Aires.
Since its inception, La Dolfina has been participating and winning most of the mayor tournaments in Argentina.
Adolfo married to one of South America’s noted models, María Vázquez in 2001. They have two children. He is awesome.
1. Ignacio figueras - Ignacio “Nacho” Figueras, born March 4, 1977 in 25 de Mayo, Buenos Aires Province, is an Argentine polo player with a handicap of six. As of September 2009, he is ranked as one of the top 100 polo players in the world. Sometimes called the “David Beckham of polo”, he usually plays in Argentina and in the U.S. as part of the Black Watch Polo Team. He has also been the face of Ralph Lauren’s Black Label line since 2005, and was recently chosen to represent the entire line of Polo fragrances.
In June 2009, he was voted the second most handsome man in the world by the readers of Vanity Fair, just behind Robert Pattinson and just ahead of Brad Pitt. Nacho has been married to Delfina Blaquier, a photographer and former model, since 2004.
11. Gonzalo Heredia
12. Luciano Castro
13. Mariano Martinez
14. Facundo Arana
15. Pablo Echarri
16. Joaquin Furriel
17. Sebastian Estevanez
18. Gato Gaudio
19. Cristian Sancho
20. And of course the big guns… Del Potro, Messi and Carlitos Tevez!
Check out there counter parts: Top 10 Sexiest Women of Argentina